Application Deadline: January 31st, 2016
Scholarship Award: $3,000
Number of Scholarship Awarded: 5
All applicants must meet the following conditions listed below:
- Students currently enrolled in a first year undergraduate program after completing CEGEP and students in their second year in an at least 4-year undergraduate program
- First year students – current U0 undergraduate students and 2015 CEGEP graduate students who are currently enrolled in an U1 undergraduate program.
- Be of Chinese ethnicity and either:
- Studying in Quebec
- Whose home residences are in Quebec but are currently studying outside of Quebec or outside of Canada
- Adopted by Canadian family in Quebec
- Average score of 85 % or more in the last three terms (from Jan 2014 to May 2015) prior to his or her undergraduate study
- Priority consideration will be given to students who demonstrated strong participation in school, social and community involvement as well as extra-curricular activities.
All applications must include the following documents:
- Transcripts between January 2014 and May 2015 in PDF or JPEG
- An 1000 word limit application letter in English or in French covering ALL of the following points:
- What is your view on the status of the Chinese community in the Canadian society or its status in the society that you lived in?
- What are the values in the Chinese community and in their culture that positively contribute to the betterment of society?
- As a member of the Chinese community, how do you see what you do, or what you plan to do, be able to help build a stronger Chinese community here in Canada?
Creative writing and originality are essential.
Remember to provide examples from your personal experiences to support your points.
- A resume outlining your education, your social and community involvement as well as your extra-curricular activities
All applications will be carefully reviewed under the following criteria:
- Quality of your application letter
- Average score from your transcripts
- Your social and community involvement and extra-curricular activities
- Your interview performance
- Your financial situation is NOT taken into consideration
- Direct family members of the Montreal Jiu Ding Club and the JD scholarship nomination committee are not eligible to apply.
When ready, send your full application to [email protected]
- Students who meet all above eligibility conditions are encouraged to submit their applications by email to [email protected] before January 31, 2016
- The 2016 JD scholarship will be given to up to 5 students. Each student will receive a CAD$3,000 cash award. Awards will be issued during a Jiu Ding Scholarship gala to be held in March 2016 in Montreal.
- Next Steps: We would like to thank all applicants for submitting their applications. All applications will now be carefully reviewed by an independent nomination committee who will recommend a group of short-listed students for interviews with the Board of Directors of the Jiu Ding Club for the final selection of the scholarship winners. Winners will be notified by the end of February 2016.